Scholarship info and application
Houston metro-area high school seniors who have been admitted to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign are invited to apply for the Houston Illini Club's scholarship!
Each spring the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign's (UIUC's) Admissions Department provides the Houston Illini Club a list of all Houston area high school seniors who have been accepted to UIUC. In early April the Committee plans to send each such individual an e-mail with our congratulations of their acceptance to Illinois, and our encouragement to complete the club's scholarship application.
For 2023 the club has voted to award a $3,000 merit/leadership based based scholarship. If you know any top high school students considering the University of Illinois as one of their college destinations please encourage them to apply! View our gallery of our distinguished past Houston Illini Club scholarship recipients here!
Please note that to qualify the student must:
- Have been accepted for admission to the freshman class at UIUC in the following fall;
- Have a permanent home address within the greater Houston metropolitan area, as defined by UIUC's Admissions Department;
- Have been enrolled for full-time undergraduate study at UIUC at the time the award is paid, i.e. during the scholarship winner's freshman year;
- Not be a direct dependent of any of the below listed scholarship committee members, nor of a Houston Illini Club Officer.
We encourage applications! Interested students should:
- Complete the entire application form.
- Email a scanned copy of your high school transcript, and your SAT and/or ACT scores (if taken) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure that your High School Faculty Reference has e-mailed a letter of recommendation (200 words maximum) on your behalf to email@example.com.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Powered By Donations
While the Houston Illini Club is dues free for all UIUC, UIC and UIS alumni, our scholarship is funded by generous donations from our members. To permit the Club to continue our longstanding annual scholarship, please consider making a donation to our fund. Your support is extrememly appreciated.
Meet The CommitteE
Scholarship Committee, 2022-2023:
Scholarship Chair: David Catalano
B.A., Communications (Minor in Music), UIUC, 2017
B.S., Journalism, UIUC, 1996
B.S., Community Health, UIUC, 2011
B.S., Architectural Studies, UIUC, '74 & M. Arch. '76
B.S. Accounting, UIUC, 2000
B.S., Aeronautical Engineering, UIUC, 1976
M.S., Aerospace Engineering, UIUC, 1990
D.M.A., Music Composition, UIUC, 1974